Thursday, January 28, 2010

I've been thinking...

I know, I KNOW! No good can come of this!

Seriously though, I've given it a good week or so, of thinking what I want my blog to be.

What makes a good blog? Humor? Pictures? Lots of posting?

Honestly, I have no clue. I've only recently gotten into actually reading blogs (Thanks, gals from the 'other place'), and I'm learning a lot. About my internet friends, about people I don't know (*cough*Emily*cough*)and about things/life in general.

What do I want my blog to be? I want it to be interesting, sure, but I'm not in this to get 'famous', or yanno, try and pay my rent with this shit. Ain't happening.

I guess what I want, is for this to be a place where my internet friends can put a face to the (screen) name, and get that glimpse of who I am, and what I do, how I live my life. Maybe along the way, people I don't have a clue about will start reading. Stranger things have happened, after all.

I'll try and post often, but I can't promise every day. I've got 5 kids, and two cats. And a full time job. Plus, there's that whole husband thing. I swear, without me, he'd forget to get dressed before leaving the house. I am his personal sticky note (read: keeps track of important shit for him), and he keeps me grounded (read: spoils me, but not to an obnoxious extent). I also work odd hours. Sure it's 8-4, but for me, it's 8 PM-4 AM.

Since seeing Giraffy's recipe posts, I've decided that from time to time, I'm going to post recipes. They will be my husbands Mexican food recipes (at least to start), because I know how much my gals love Mexican. Tomorrow I'll be posting homemade tortilla and red chili con carne recipes.

I hope you all enjoy my blog, because so far, I'm having fun posting. I wish I could do more, or at LEAST figure out how to post from my cell. Maybe one day, lol.

4 comments:

  1. I heart your blog :). I'm REALLY looking forward to the recipes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted on FB, and cross posting here...cuz I must stalk you like that. :P
    I'd love to know what tortilla press you use? And is there a trick to making fry bread at home that also involves a specialty appliance? :P I am on Amazon.com, totally thrilled with the arrival of a pressure cooker. I must order more kitchen gadgets. LOL!

    And I think I saw the ingredients on the other site for the tortillas, but the instructions hadn't come in.

    Basically, I am begging for the recipes and all things related to tortillas and fry bread. Thanks dear! And tell Virgil that us wimmin's are praising his tortilla skillz. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great start. I just came across it and think like you. Not sure what I wanted from mine either, but it's an outlet for me and for my friends to get to know me more. Good luck and can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete